Announcing our 2019 scholarship recipients
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) is excited to announce the winners of its 2019 master’s scholarships in sustainable energy development. An independent academic selection jury selected these outstanding students from a pool of over 900 applicants. As a global leader in the promotion of sustainable electrification, GSEP has been proud to support 130 students from 35 countries in their sustainable energy studies since the creation of this scholarship in 2001. Our scholars are the next generation's innovators in the sustainable electricity sector.
The 2019 GSEP scholarship recipients:
- Mussie Abraham from Eritrea will pursue the Master Programme in Renewable Electricity Production at Uppsala University in Sweden
- Hafte Hayelom Adhena from Ethiopia is pursuing the Erasmus Mundus Master Course in Sustainable Transportation and Electrical Power Systems
- Oluwagbemisola Akinsipe from Nigeria will pursue an MSc in Energy and Resources at the University of California, Berkeley in the USA
- Itzel Nayeli Balderas Sánchez from Mexico will pursue an MSc in Engineering in Sustainable Energy at the Technical University of Denmark
- Pranjal Jain from India is pursuing an MSc in Energy Science and Technology at ETH Zurich in Switzerland
- Ronald Monterroso Rubi from Honduras will pursue an MSc in Sustainable Energy Futures at Imperial College London in the United Kingdom
- Stephanie Rawi from Indonesia will pursue the InnoEnergy MSc in Renewable Energy program
- Sana Sajjad from Pakistan will pursue an MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering at Heriot-Watt University in the United Kingdom
Congratulations to this year’s recipients and thank you to all those who applied.